Planet Wildcat

Spirit Week Festivities Set for Next Week

Decorated hallways, students dressing in costumes, and a whole lot of spirit. This could only mean one thing…Spirit Week!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students are ready for Spirit Week to be held next week from April 15 through the 18th

Damon Martzen, Staff Reporter

That’s Right!  It’s that time of year again when all the grades compete against one another in a series of events held thorough the week.

“I like spending time with my friends.” said junior Sadie Nahman when asked why she is looking forward to next week’s events.

Spirit week will be from April 15th through the 18th with the games being held on Wednesday and the Academic bowl being held on Thursday.

“I like Dodgeball because I like seeing others get hit with balls.” junior Tj Pope said.

Students say this is a big deal for the seniors because most colleges and universities don’t have this kind of week. Just ask Kevin Franc, a senior here at Western Wayne.  “I will miss everyone yelling as loud as they can in the gym for the spirit games.” Kevin said. He is anticipating a fun time with friends as they ready to graduate.

Also, what’s not to like about the dress down days? Senior Jake Ortola enjoys these as well as the games.  He explained, “ I like how it’s a competition between all the grades.”

Below is the schedule for the dress down days this year. Go Get Your Spirit On! 

Monday- Character/Meme/Artist-Song day

Tuesday- Ye Ye -Country Day

Wednesday- Class Color/Game Day

Freshmen- Green

Sophomores- Yellow

Juniors- Blue

Seniors- Red

Thursday (noon dismissal)- Twin Day

Friday- No School

About the Writer
Damon Martzen, Reporter

Damon Martzen is a junior a Western Wayne High School. This is his first year of being a journalist for Planet Wildcat. He has so far been a member of...

The student news site of Western Wayne High School