Planet Wildcat

Lindsey Karwacki Recognized by WW Administration

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Jessica McLaughlin, Public Relations

Western Wayne Administration has recognized Lindsey Karwacki as an outstanding student.  Lindsey is a senior who is greatly interested in environmental science and has been highly involved in Western Wayne’s music programs throughout her high school career.  She also was a member of the Mock Trial team her sophomore year and will join the group again for her senior year.

Lindsey is currently participating in the PiER Program through Lacawac Sanctuary.  PiER, pathways in ecological research, is an academic program focused on providing high-achieving high school female students with rigorous field and laboratory experiences at Lacawac Sanctuary and local universities under the mentorship of female college faculty and staff.   Through this program, students can work on specific science-based projects.  Lindsey’s project involves analyzing a body of water to better understand its state.  She will work with a team of other students to do this and will create a floating buoy system in the water to analyze it.

Lindsey says she has always been interested in environmental science because it peaks her interest and makes her want to know more about the field.

She plans to do just that next year in college.  She wishes to attend The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY ESF) with a major in environmental science and a minor in conservation biology. She hopes to be a research scientist working with a college in the future.

Along with Lindsey’s commitment to her academic studies, she also has dedicated her high school career to performing arts programs at Western Wayne.

Lindsey has worked on three Western Wayne musicals.  Her freshman year, she worked with hair, makeup, and stage crew for Shrek.  Her sophomore year she played Mrs. MacAfee in Bye Bye Birdie and her junior year she played Millicent in Nice Work if You Can Get It.  She plans to work with the stage crew and pit band for her senior year production.

Lindsey served as vice president of the Drama Club for her junior year and will continue this role as a senior.

When Lindsey isn’t serving as a leader for Western Wayne musical and drama students, she is working with the Western Wayne Wildcat Marching Band.

She has played percussion with the band for four years. As a senior she serves as a drum major and takes pride in working with her fellow students to develop their talents.

“My favorite part of being a drum major is being a part of the band itself and seeing everything come together as the students develop as musicians,” she said.

Lindsey looks forward to developing her academic and music skills for the rest of her senior year.

The student news site of Western Wayne High School