WW Indoor Track and Field Club Excels

The Western Wayne indoor track and field club recently competed at the Douglas Wesner Memorial H.S. Invite at Kutztown University on Saturday, January 21. Seventy four teams were represented at this indoor high school meet that included teams from New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey.

On the girls’ side, freshman Trina Barcarola placed 7th out of 70 finishers in the 800 meter run, 4th place out of 40 in the 55 meter hurdles, placed 2nd in the pole vault to earn a medal, and was a member of the 4×400 Meter Relay team that took 4th out of 24 teams. She teamed up with sophomores Annie Skirpan, Samantha Atcavage, and Elizabeth Pulice to earn the high place.

Junior Morgan Wagner had a huge PR in the 400 meter dash (1:11.37) and was also a member of the second Western Wayne 4×400 Relay team. The team of juniors Tabitha Stanger, Kaitlyn Grace Juhasz, Morgan Wagner, as well as sophomore Jillian Dudley won their respective heat in a time of 4:45.29.

Tori Hutchinson also won her heat of the 1600 Meter run, coming from behind in the last lap to pass the leader.

The boys team also had a nice showing. Junior Jake Pasake placed 3rd in the 3000 Meter run to earn a medal and 7th in the 1600 Meter Run. Senior Cody Kurtz finished in the top half of the 800 Meter run to run a PR.